Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Amerika Haus and the Bilat (embassy)

Well, I got back from Finland on the 12th which conveniently was an American holiday (Columbus Day) and on Tuesday I went to what is called the Amerika Haus to help the Bilat intern set up and generally help out with an event which had professors and students talking about a program held between Butler University and Vienna during the summer. It was pretty interesting, they went on trips in the US that I would have liked to go on, like the Route 66 trip and the trip down the Mississippi, both by buses. Afterwards I went back to the Bilat, but didn't really do anything but look around because it was around 3-4pm and nothing really was happening.

The next day, the 14th, I was back at the Bilat and drafted some memos for my "boss" of the day which was a new experience for me. I also (tried to) update the Intellipedia article on Vienna. It's like Wikipedia, but for the intelligence community and other government employees. That did not work out since I have not really ever taken a computer class I'm kind of clueless when it comes to editing web pages, but it was an interesting little side street to what I would normally do!

Also, I got to meet Ambassador Eacho! He's a really nice, fun guy it seemed like, very down to earth. He just chatted with us ( I was with Zach, the Bilat intern) about school and if we liked it here, etc..., but then we had to leave because the boy scouts were coming in.

That was about it that week, pretty quiet because of the holiday at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment