Friday, December 11, 2009

The end

Well the internship was certainly more exciting at the beginning with the conferences and everything about Iran going on. But I used the last couple of weeks to start packing and shipping things home and to research for my paper. Berlin was amazing! I recommend it for anyone who likes history! Getting to see the Reichstag, the Berlin Wall, the Ishtar Gate, etc...... was amazing!!

One cool thing that happened a couple of weeks before I left was the Marine Ball! Tickets were a bit pricey, but since I had brought a dress with me anyways, and I wouldn't get to go to any other balls, I decided to pay and go! It was super fun, and had really good food!

My last weekend, my roommates and I decided to go to Prague for the weekend since it's only a 4 hour train trip from Vienna. I wish I had weeks to spend there because 1.5 days was not enough time at all! We saw Charles Bridge, the Torture Museum, and the big Cathedral inside Prague Castle. A lot of walking was involved...a lot!

My mom and little brother flew over to Europe to meet me in Paris the day after my internship ended, so we spent a little less than a week there...including Thanksgiving, which was spent in the Hard Rock Cafe!

No comments:

Post a Comment