Friday, December 11, 2009

Reflection

Well this internship was a huge eye opener for me. When I got to Vienna in September I didn't even really know what the IAEA was or what exactly it was that I would be doing there. I learned a lot about nuclear issues, mostly about non-proliferation, which suits my master's degree just fine since it's about International Security. I also got to know Vienna really well. I had been there 10 years ago on a school trip but we were only in the city for a couple of days so it was nice to be able to get to know the public transportation and the city and everything I didn't get to see then.

I would encourage anyone who wants to be involved with the State Department, or the government in general, to at least apply for an internship. Even if you don't get it the first time you apply, I applied every semester and most summer from the time I graduated high school, and it finally paid off!

I had such a fun time in Vienna and everywhere I got to travel too; and I also learned a lot! Hopefully my time there will pay off (literally I hope! :) ) with whatever job that I begin in the future!






1 comment:

  1. One year on, did the internship help you land the job of your dreams?

    ReplyDelete